8 Living Lab Schools that have full-school mastery systems. These schools serve as examples, hosts, sources of ideas/practices/resources.
30+ Active Member schools that learn, participate, and share, too.
3 goals per school are self-chosen, and vetted by MC community to be
- based on existing needs and strengths
- doable in one year
- measurable in some way
Quarterly meetings each year to share and create as a full community
Working groups think through issues and curate resources to benefit the whole community. Topics to date: Academic Policy, Curriculum Design in Math and ELA, Grading Policies & Software, Culturally Responsive Education/Equity
How we stay in touch across the 5 boroughs of NYC:
o school visits, community meetings
o our wiki www.mcresources.org
o online folder sharing
o emails, phone calls
o monthly newsletter
o monthly online sessions to showcase interesting work
Collective outreach and advocacy with, by, and for our community of mastery practitioners.
- Promoting equity through development of rich, culturally relevant learning environment
- Creating shared understanding, clarity and transparency among all stakeholders
- Fostering student ownership of learning, both inside and outside of schools
- Building habits of mind, growth mindsets, and digital literacy to cultivate college and career readiness
- Developing all stakeholders' metacognition about student pathways toward interest-driven postsecondary goals