131 Livingston St. Room 303
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11201
T +1 718 935 5794
Friends of MC schools have a 100% opt-in connection to the MC community. They do not attend the MC Quarterly Meetings (which are gatherings of practitioners in the Living Lab, Active Membership, and Mastery Incubator) and receive no per session funding from the MC Program.
This is a way to stay connected and have access to many MC offerings. Friends of MC may be a good fit for New York City public schools new to the idea of mastery to explore in a low-stakes way, or for schools with limited bandwidth to plug in as best fits their needs.
Friends of MC can connect with MC in these ways:
receive the MC monthly newsletter
Opt in for MC PD opportunities such as visits to schools, online sessions,
Attend MC Summer Institute (thoughh space is prioritized for educators from MC member schools)
We look forward to exploring the power of mastery-based teaching and learning with you. Thanks for your interest!
'intro to mastery' sessions, SPRING 2018
Are you a NYC public school interested in learning more about mastery learning? Register your school or organization for either of 2 identical 'Intro to Mastery' sessions this fall semester. Both sessions will offer an interactive exploration of the philosophy and implementation involved in making the 5 major shifts of mastery-based teaching and learning.
Trainings will take place at DCTV, 87 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10013
Wednesday 4/25, 1-4 pm
Wednesday 5/23, 1-4 pm
- The sessions are identical—please register for either date that fits your needs.
- Registration is first-come, first-served.
- Please register only once for your organization or school.
- Please assume you are registered successfully, unless you see a wait list notice as you register.
- Registration ends one week before each session.
- Please let us know if you are unable to attend so we can give your space to someone else.